Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the “Dean of Personal Development.” He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956.
When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.” – Tich Nhat Hanh
Thích Nhất Hạnh is a Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist. He lives in the Plum Village Monastery in the Dordogne region in the South of France, travelling internationally to give retreats and talks.
Acharya Rajaneesh, popularly known as OSHO, a famous spiritual Guru has given a Gem. This quote has a lot of sense, it explains how one should live.
Africa, Art of Living, Empowerment, Experience, India, Kenya, Life, Personal Development, Personality development, Postivie Thinking, Reflection, Relationships, Self Help, Self Improvement, thought process
1. Life is there to live : Live your life. You need not kill your own-self for something or the other. Leading the life in your own way gives lot of satisfaction. Most of the times, we copy lifestyles. Copying life styles will only create dissatisfaction as you know, you are wearing someone Else’s skin. You have every right to live the life in your own way and get inspiration from any source you want. But, be careful, living life should not cross it’s legal and ethical boundaries.
2. Demonstrate Values : In every aspect of life, you should demonstrate your own values and systems. Limiting yourself in the value chain not only gives satisfaction, but makes you noticeable. Follow the values with every one you love. Don’t take them for granted. Follow the time, or keep up to a word. It creates a tremendous aura for you as a person.
3. Try to make a difference : Bible says, human life is valuable and a difficult one to get. We need to utilize this opportunity by helping others. You don’t have to make a difference to a million people around you. Keep it simple. Even if you can make a difference to one life in your lifetime, you have achieved a lot. It can be through mentor-ship, or donating something or even any other-way you like. But try and make a difference to at-least one life around. By doing this, you are filling lot of courage. Ensure that, the one you are making a difference is not depended on you for every thing.
4. Keep it simple : Most of the people complicate their lives by taking so many loans or spending on parties or by not prioritizing. We must know the differences between needs and wants and should be able to draw a clear distinction between both of them. Keeping Life very simple will reduce a lot of unnecessary burden and stress from our heads.
5. Learn to Ignore : There are so many people out there to hurt you or say no to you or even make it complicated for you. Accept the fact that, these are part of life. Someone whom you have considered so special may not have the same opinion about you. That is perfectly fine. Respect their opinion also and learn to ignore all the nay sayers. It saves a lot of time and energy for you. Instead of worrying about them, invest that time in developing yourself.
6. Live in the present : Finally learn to live in the present. You have already seen the past and future we have never seen. It is the current moment, which is in our hands. Live up to it. Thinking about the past will not help in any way and worrying about the future neither.
Africa, Aft of Living, Attitude, Awareness, Books, brucelee, Empowerment, Experience, India, Kenya, Life, Martial Arts, Personal Development, Personality development, Postivie Thinking, Relationships, Role models, Self Help, Self Improvement, thought process
Bruce Lee never believed in Limits. His friend once famously said, how Bruce Lee made him to run for 5 miles instead of 3 miles. When the friend said”he cannot run extra, Bruce Lee instantly said “Better you Die”.
After a while, the friend has asked what made Bruce to be rude at him, Bruce Lee has given this quote.
- Bruce Lee (infusionalchemy.wordpress.com)
Africa, Attitude, Childhood, Empowerment, Experience, Family, Finance, Financial Management, India, Kenya, Life, Parenting, Personal Development, Personality devlopment, Positive Citizenship, Role models, Savings, Self Improvement, Values
Veda, is my beautiful, lovable and adorable daughter. Since her birth to till now, I have hardly spent time with her. I was in Delhi when she was born and then shifted my self to Kenya leaving them back in India with my parents. She is entering her 3rd year in this October. What I hear from her mom every day is that, she is a keen learner, enthusiastic and have a photographic memory.
I would like to teach the following to her when eventually she will be with me. I always believe that, for a child its the foundation that should be strong and the value system should be built.
- Respect : I would tell her to earn respect by giving it first. Apart from achieving any thing in her life, she should be a good individual first. Her personality development would depend a lot on what she would learn in her tender years. I would teach her how to respect others, how to respect others and what satisfaction she would get out of it.
- Compassion : I want her to be a human being with heart. I would tell her to be compassionate with other living beings on the Earth. Let it be a plant, tree or an animal. She should know that, the earth is not solely made for man. Earth is created for each and every other living being. Being compassionate is not going to reduce her value.
- Positive Citizenship : More than any thing, I want her to be a positive citizen. I wish she could realize her roles and responsibilities towards her community and country. She must follow the societal rules in every aspect of her life. Being a positive citizen need not be necessarily that, she would join Indian Army, but at least she should develop her consciousnesses towards where she is living and where she is growing. I would start this by story telling. I want her to be a better individual. So, i would ensure that her value system sets in right and becomes a more friendly yet aggressive personality.
- Not to be Self Centered : I am 35 now and even during my childhood days, we were taught not to be self – centered by our grand parents and parents. But, everywhere these days, the joint family system has collapsed and there are no such guides in the families. With both mother and father working, there are no one to spend time with the children and eventually most of the children are growing self centered and are victims of its side effects. The joy of sharing and the joy of helping and the joy of living for others is seldom , experienced by children of modern era. I don’t want my baby girl to grow like that.
- Education : I would tell her, being educated is for being knowledgeable. I would encourage her to be educated to gain knowledge. I would tell her that, marks and grades are not every thing. My parents never pressured me to get ranks and grades. I have always studied in a stress free environment. I would pass on the same message to her.
- Listening to her own self / Self Directed : I will tell her always to listen to herself. She must be doing what her heart says. It doesn’t matter for me. Its all about her. She can aspire to be a wild life photographer, Aeronautical Engineer, Classical Singer, Painter, Chartered accountant for that matter any thing under the sun. My job is only to encourage her in the lines she chooses for her self. I wanted to see her self directed rather the one who is always depended on others for her decisions. I want to make her a strong individual.
- Financial Management : I want my daughter to be a better financial manager. I encourage her to start understanding the savings, financial issues and sensitivities in financial management. I will start this by telling her stories, taking her to bank with me and also by giving her a piggy bank etc.,
<meta name=”blogcatalog” content=”9BC10755750″ />
What great quotes given by the great martial arts expert Bruce Lee. Powerful insights for life