- Life is an opportunity : Life is an opportunity to live. Life is an opportunity to prove my worth. Life is an opportunity to live and Life is an opportunity to achieve. Let what may come, there is no joyous experience than living it. The beauty lies in taking the challenges that life throws at you head – on. I feel pity at people, who succumb to those challenges without realizing their own potential. Life invites you to conquer it but not to surrender to it.
- Life comes only once : You cannot born just as you are twice. It is only a one time event. What you want to do with that is up to you. For me, I love to enjoy most of the moments. I am also a human, I will also feel depressed, disappointed and down – trodden. But, I like to quickly get on with it. Thinking about what has happend for a long time is not my game. Eagerly waiting for the next moment, living in the present and ignoring the past is the most wonderful thing happens to me quickly. I really enjoy conflicting my own self, talking to my own self and engaging me by me. Think about others, and at-least make a difference to one more life during the life time. Don’t just be selfish. People should remember how you lived but they should not forget who you are.
- Life is not a life without adding life to it : A life not well lived is not a life at all. I always add some life to it. I do lot of mischief, i do a lot of poking and I make fun of my own self. Without that, life is like a travel in the desert. I don’t even mind about what other’s think about me really some times. I enjoy people crying over me and people appreciating me. I believe in being a bundle of emotions than being a mere vegetable cutting tray. Loving an animal, enjoying a song and reading a beautiful book are some of my ways to adding life to life.
- Life is fast and furious : Every moment you spend, is taking you near to your death. Life is so dynamic. If you can match that dynamism, that is where you enjoy. Waiting for a life time for things to happen has never occurred to me. Finishing what is in my hand and moving on with what is going to come is my style of living. With in a blink, life can turn on its head. There is no point in thinking about it. Get on with it. The thrill and adrenaline rush in facing challenges and beating them out can never match any thing.
- I hate suicides : Let what may come, you are not entitled to commit a suicide. Life is much more valuable than what prompts you to make suicide. In fact, suicide need much more courage. If we put only a small percentage of that courage in facing our problems, we can easily conquer those problems. What ever could be the reason, I hate suicides and people commit suicides. They are sick people and don’t deserve even a chance to get the opportunity to live.
- Some times, Life is out of control : You may think, this is my life and i can control it. But, accept the fact that, some times things are not in our control. Some times, things happen just like that. One can not do much about it. My best approach for those situations is to enjoy those. Remember, you cannot change most of the things. You cannot change your parents, you cannot change where you have born and you cannot change how you are going to die. What ever comes in between, goes in between.
- Take every opportunity : For me, I prefer taking every opportunity that comes my way. It may be a late night travel through a thick forest or going to a Tsunami effected area. Doing scuba dive or a bungee jump. Learning music or writing a blog. I prefer to explore. Sitting bogged down is what i fear most. Nothing stops me from exploring those challenging moments.
- Most of the problems are self – inflicted : In life, most of the problems are self – inflicted. Most of problems we see are not problems at all. Changing the perspective a wee bit can make a big problem to an easy achievable challenge. That is what I believe mostly.
- Trust : Trust others to gain the trust. Life with full of skepticism is nothing but hanging our self to a tight rope. If one keeps on doubting every thing, there would be a moment where one cannot trust their own selves. I just don’t want to end up there.
- Finally, I don’t take most of the things to heart : I don’t take much of the things to heart. Life is too small to live and there is no place for those incidents in my heart which would pull me down. I rarely fear ( I really do some times). But, fearing a fellow human being is one of the worst things those could happen to you. My life is full of fun and energy. Nothing more than that.
Once upon a time, there lived a master and a servant. The servant was very honest and hard working and he worked for a good 30 years serving the master. He would never ask any thing and would work for hours and hours and hours.
The master is also observing the honesty of this servant and always was thinking about how to benefit the servant. When the servant has reached a saturation point, he went to the master and asked him to permit him to retire and go back to his home in the upcountry. Master agreed and asked the servant to do one last assignment before he leave. He has taken the servant to his back yard and showed a pile of wood,bricks and stock of cement and asked the servant to construct a strong house.
The servant was little unhappy. Though he was honest, he was dissatisfied as well. He always thought, he was not compensated enough for his hard work. When the master asked him to construct a house, he thought, that was not going to yield him any thing and decided to do a halfhearted job.
He just finished constructing a weak house which for the looks was alright, but not strong enough to live. He went back to the master and reported the completion. The master was happy and told the servant that, all those years he was not able to compensate the servant enough and at the age of retirement, he wanted to gift the house to the servant. Now, what the servant has constructed was a gift to him and the servant can stay in that house forever.
Servant was shell shocked and started repenting on his compromise at the last minute.
This is true for all of us. We take all our years of work to donkeys for a minor dissatisfaction. We don’t see through the effort we have put in for all those years. We lose our integrity at the last moment and start showing our dissent. That is why they say, attitude is every thing. Losing attitude at the last moment can spoil all those years of hard work and the reputation earned. Building goodwill is very difficult but losing would take only a single moment. So let us all be careful in not to lose of focus for petty issues. Let us look at the big picture. Believe in tomorrow. Your hard work would definitely get you noticed.
1. Entertainment : Very few games can entertain you like T-20 Cricket does. Lots of drama and excitement. The cat and mouse game between batsmen and bowlers is fun to watch.
2. Excitement : All most all the T-20 matches brings you loads of excitement. Those nail biting finishes cannot make you to sit in the middle of the chair. The twists and turns in a match makes you to sit on the edge of your seat.
3. Stress : It releases lots of stress. You will almost forget everything while watching the game. The kind of awe feeling it gives you cannot be undermined.
4. Leadership : They put a true test on the captains of the both sides. Loads of leadership lessons are there to be learn. Team selection, Team management, Setting up the targets, Chasing the targets, Failures, Successes, Turn around etc etc., Nothing teaches corporates better than a T- 20 match on Leadership issues. It stresses upon the attitude a captain should have and how to handle pressure.
5. Spirit : Most of the times, the games are played with right kind of spirit. If you do not agree, watch Dayle Stain and AB D’s contest. It tells you how to manage your self at bigger platforms.
Offlate, I started asking the following questions to myself.
1. What is my goal ?
2. Have i realized my potential ?
3. Am I successful ?
4. Is my sacrifice deserve it ?
5. Am I learning enough ?
6. Is it the life I wanted to lead ?
7. Do I deserve better ?
8. Why is it happening again ?
9. Being good and sincere does not deserve it ?
10. When is it going to end ?
11. Whom should I trust ?
12. Does people deserve any trust ?
A business man has reached his office one day, after finishing his business business trip. In the meantime, a new security officer has joined and he has never seen this business man. So, he stopped business man from getting in, and asked,
1. Who are you?
2. Why are you going in ?
Businessman irritated and got into an heated argument with the security officer. Before the situation got worse, the secretary of the businessman has intervened and the businessman got into his office. After a while, the business man called in for the security officer. Then, he comforted the security and said, “Those questions you asked at the gate made a lot of sense to me. Sometimes, I tend to forget asking those questions to myself. Can you ask me those questions everyday? Those are the questions help me to focus on my purpose.”
This is true with all of us. We needed to ask those questions to ourselves. Who are we and what is our purpose of coming here. Otherwise, we simply drift away from the main purpose.
” The greatest enemy to tomorrow’s success is today’s success” – From a book of John C. Maxwell
John Calvin Maxwell is an evangelical Christian author, speaker, and pastor who has written more than 60 books, primarily focusing on leadership
- Maxwell Wins by Learning; Inspires Hope (t2pneuma.net)
- Put Your Dream to the Test by John Maxwell (from “Motivational and Inspirational Self Help Books”) (sharefaith.wordpress.com)
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the “Dean of Personal Development.” He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956.
When you win, you will learn something out of the victory and some times when you don’t, it doesn’t mean that, you have lost, you will only learn more out of it. So, not expect to win every time, but be prepared to learn every time.