When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.” – Tich Nhat Hanh
Thích Nhất Hạnh is a Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist. He lives in the Plum Village Monastery in the Dordogne region in the South of France, travelling internationally to give retreats and talks.
Awesome Quote by an awesome personality
- Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and The Giving Pledge (projectromans12.com)
“If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness”. ~Les Brown
We all are very comfortable in the realm of what we do regularly. We use the same road while going to the office, we go to the same restruant when we dine, we run the same distance every day while we jog and we speak to the same subordinate in order to get the things done. That is called Comfort Zone.
We all enjoy unlimited advantages while sitting in our own comfort zone. Why we do this ? Because we are assured and results are predictable. We can almost guess whats coming up next. This gives us a lot of advantage. So we get used to sit in our comfort zone.
But what is the disadvantage of sitting in the comfort zone?
a) Comfort zone never allows to explore your full potential : By sitting in the comfort zone, we almost cannot explore our full potential. We dont realise our stretch points and strengths. We start to defeat our own-selves. Mind starts creating barriers to what we do. Eventually we get stuck where we are and a sort of rust starts forming on our body and mind. As a result, we stop updating ourselves and ultimately are overtaken by others.
b) Our comfort-zone is often out of Action : As illustrated in the above photo, our comfort zone is often out of the action. It keeps us away from the most happening places. Steve Waugh the famous Australian Criketer and one of the fierce competitior has named his bio-graphy “Out of Comfort Zone”. Any one who has observed his illustrious career will understand why he named his book that way.
c) Comfort-zone creates insecurity : In the long run, comfort zone creates a sort of insecurity among our ownselves because, we see all our collegues and competitiors taking o us over comfortably and we remain reduntant. This redundancy creates a great discomfort among us and creates un-necessary stress.
Get out of the comfort zones. Do what you have not done through out your life to get out and enjoy. May be doing a scuba – diving, bungy jumping or even trecking. Go out to the travel, explore the world. Fear is the one which is stopping us to get out of the comfort zone. Try to defeat the fear repeatedly. Take up newer job responsibilites repeatedly to take up the challenges and prove your strength and capabilities. Get out and explore unlimited opportunities. Getting out of the comfort zone will give lot of comfort to the soul. Explore that comfort.
- Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone (dreamingfrompei.wordpress.com)
Swami Vivekananda, one of the best spiritual guru this world has ever seen, who stood as replica for the power of youth. His speech in United States is still considered as a master piece.
Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, popularly known as Mother Teresa known for her compassion around the World has given this beautiful quote.
Africa, Art of Living, Attitude, Awareness, Buddhism, Dalai Lama, Empowerment, Experience, India, Kenya, Life, Lifestyle, Personal Development, Personality development, Reflection, Relationships, Religion and Spirituality, Role models
Dalai Lama world famous Budhist Guru is known for his wisdom has quoted these priceless words.
Africa, Art of Living, Empowerment, Experience, India, Kenya, Life, Personal Development, Personality development, Postivie Thinking, Reflection, Relationships, Self Help, Self Improvement, thought process
1. Life is there to live : Live your life. You need not kill your own-self for something or the other. Leading the life in your own way gives lot of satisfaction. Most of the times, we copy lifestyles. Copying life styles will only create dissatisfaction as you know, you are wearing someone Else’s skin. You have every right to live the life in your own way and get inspiration from any source you want. But, be careful, living life should not cross it’s legal and ethical boundaries.
2. Demonstrate Values : In every aspect of life, you should demonstrate your own values and systems. Limiting yourself in the value chain not only gives satisfaction, but makes you noticeable. Follow the values with every one you love. Don’t take them for granted. Follow the time, or keep up to a word. It creates a tremendous aura for you as a person.
3. Try to make a difference : Bible says, human life is valuable and a difficult one to get. We need to utilize this opportunity by helping others. You don’t have to make a difference to a million people around you. Keep it simple. Even if you can make a difference to one life in your lifetime, you have achieved a lot. It can be through mentor-ship, or donating something or even any other-way you like. But try and make a difference to at-least one life around. By doing this, you are filling lot of courage. Ensure that, the one you are making a difference is not depended on you for every thing.
4. Keep it simple : Most of the people complicate their lives by taking so many loans or spending on parties or by not prioritizing. We must know the differences between needs and wants and should be able to draw a clear distinction between both of them. Keeping Life very simple will reduce a lot of unnecessary burden and stress from our heads.
5. Learn to Ignore : There are so many people out there to hurt you or say no to you or even make it complicated for you. Accept the fact that, these are part of life. Someone whom you have considered so special may not have the same opinion about you. That is perfectly fine. Respect their opinion also and learn to ignore all the nay sayers. It saves a lot of time and energy for you. Instead of worrying about them, invest that time in developing yourself.
6. Live in the present : Finally learn to live in the present. You have already seen the past and future we have never seen. It is the current moment, which is in our hands. Live up to it. Thinking about the past will not help in any way and worrying about the future neither.
Africa, Aft of Living, Attitude, Awareness, Books, brucelee, Empowerment, Experience, India, Kenya, Life, Martial Arts, Personal Development, Personality development, Postivie Thinking, Relationships, Role models, Self Help, Self Improvement, thought process
Bruce Lee never believed in Limits. His friend once famously said, how Bruce Lee made him to run for 5 miles instead of 3 miles. When the friend said”he cannot run extra, Bruce Lee instantly said “Better you Die”.
After a while, the friend has asked what made Bruce to be rude at him, Bruce Lee has given this quote.
- Bruce Lee (infusionalchemy.wordpress.com)